Chamomile Powder (Matricaria recutita)
Parts used: Flowers
Habitat: Originally from Europe and Asia, chamomile is now naturalised world wide.
History /Folklore/Taste/Energetics: Bitter, aromatic, warm, moist. Traditionally used in many cultures including the ancient egyptians and commonly associated with being calming and soothing.
Constituents: Volatile oils including sesquiterpenes, flavonoids, coumarins, mucilage, tannins, essential oils.
Actions: Relaxant, Antispasmodic, Carminative, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-allergic, Bitter, Vulnerary, Antimicrobial, Mild Sedative.
• Effective for a range of gastro intestinal issues including IBS, colitis and indigestion
• Dyspepsia and flatulence
• Nausea due to nerves
• Respiratory issues such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitits and repsiratory catarrh
• Aids with sleep and insomnia
• Tension headaches
• Contains spiroether, a strong antispasmodic known to help ease period pains and aching muscles
• Menopausal tension
• Used topically to help a range of skin issues including nappy rash, acne, sunburn, eczema and mastitis
• Soothes swollen, itchy eyes
Disclaimer: The information on this website is provided for educational use only, and is not intended as a replacement for the services of a qualified medical herbalist, doctor or licensed health practitioner. The information contained herein is not diagnostic, always consult a medical health professional before embarking on a treatment programme. Urban Fringe Dispensary disclaims any liability, loss, injury or damage incurred as a consequence of the use and application of the advice given herein.
Online products are coded with the following keys: